Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tweet Beat

The “veering off," the “jolt,” and the “bottom-dropped-out feeling,” are covered in the tweets by the man on the plane downed in Denver, though not, as originally thought, while falling through air. Also covered was the glasses falling off in the “mass exodus.” But what I wanted to ask was, "As the plane was dropping, did you feel relief? If so, to what extent? And what quality of relief?"

Of course, I could @reply and ask, since I twitter. But it is an inappropriate question. My sense of propriety prevents me. Or, am I deterred by my sense of being perceived as a person that asks inappropriate questions?


It is unalarming that The New Yorker maintains "American cellphone habits are becoming increasingly Japanese." It is, in fact, exciting.


Dark Horse Black Forest is a Critic's Pick in New York Magazine.

My collaboration with Yanira on Dark Horse Black Forest on Twitter has been written up in an article entitled "Two NYC Choreographers Making Innovative Use of the Web."

A wedding photographer wrote the above post. I like this because, making broad assumptions (which I'm told is wrong but continue to do), I would not expect a wedding photographer to write something about dance or writing, since his stated job and/or passion and/or etc. is wedding photography, as opposed to dance or writing or criticism of dance and/or writing. Because his post was not part of his 'job,' I think it is motivated by sincere interest. And when something you do or are involved in inspires sincere interest (which is usually very hard to discern), in people you least expect (however wrongly) to inspire interest, it is rewarding.

No comments: